Wednesday, January 12, 2011

All Things

Have you ever heard that Garth Brooks song, Unanswered Prayers?  I'm not a country-western girl, but there was a time in high school when Garth and Reba were pretty big with my friends so I have a couple cds. The refrain warbles "I thank God for unanswered prayers..." Well, this week I saw one of those play out in my own family.

I have an aunt who developed Type 2 Diabetes a few years ago. Now my aunt was one of the most food conscious people I knew growing up, but she did have gestational diabetes in her pregnancies which leads to a greater chance of Type 2 Diabetes later in life. For years now, we have, as a family, been praying for her complete healing and so far that pray has been unanswered. Yet "ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 

My aunt was visiting one of her sons when she noticed that my cousin's son was drinking a ton of water and yet still seemed to be parched.  She encouraged them to have him checked out by a doctor right away.  It turned out that this dear little boy's blood sugar level was dangerously high, 500 and he was diagnosed with Type 1, childhood onset Diabetes.  He is in the hospital responding to treatment and yes, this is a life changer. 

But I have to admit, I am just overwhelmed with gratitude for God's "unanswered prayers."  Had my aunt never had Diabetes, or had less experience with this pernicious disease, she would not have recognized the subtle yet dangerous symptoms of her grandson.  Her diabetes may have saved his life. 

ALL THINGS, even the seemingly unanswered prayers.
Blog Med Sig 4

UPDATE: J. is home, but his blood sugar is still running high.  Your continued prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...