Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Psalm for Joanne

Have any of you heard of Joanne, the blogger behind The Simple Wife? She's just a few years older than me with two kids. A couple of days ago her daughter found her in the basement having a seizure on her treadmill. She'd suffered a major stroke.

I wasn't a Simple Wife reader but we both belong to an online community lovingly referred to as Siestaville. They alerted me to her plight and called me to prayer. As I began praying for Joanne I wanted updates so I visited her blog, but in reading it I began to know her. It's amazing how much of ourselves we can share in these online journals: what snapshots of our lives we give. Joanne and I love the same books. She's wise and this is not her first battle. She has waged some wars on battlefields to which I haven't yet been called. Joanne's also funny and open. I think we could be friends. Her husband and family are praying Psalm 46 for her and I've joined them. I've personalized the Psalm as a prayer for her healing. You are welcome to pray it with me. And hop over to The Simple Wife for updates and to get to know this very cool woman.
 
God is Joanne's refuge and strength,
Her very present help in trouble.
Therefore she will not fear,
Even though parts of her skullcap be removed,
And though it seems that she is fighting for her life
Though the hospital monitors beep and her doctors be troubled,
Though her body shake with her brain swelling.
Just Breathe.
There is a river whose streams shall make glad this woman of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
Joanne awaken, the brain damage removed;
He uttered His voice, the blood clot melted.
The LORD of hosts is with Joanne;
The God of Jacob is her refuge.
Just Breathe
Come, behold the works of the LORD,
Who has done astonishing things on this earth.
He brings peace where there is anguish;
Fear, He silences, He arrests anxiety;
Despair, He sets ablaze with the light of His love.
We are still, and know that you are God;
You will be exalted in Joanne’s life,
You will be exalted in the blogosphere!
The LORD of hosts is with Joanne;
The God of Jacob is her safe place.
Just Breathe.
Amen
Blog Med Sig 4

3 comments:

Transparent Mama said...

That is lovely. You have a heart wide and deep. Praying here too.

partialemptynester said...

So great to be a part of Siestaville! Praying in unity for a Simple Wife...I love praying through the scriptures, what a beautiful one you've laid out for us!

Brian Miller said...

nice. second blog i have been to today where someone personalizedscripture for prayer...i think that is great...goving God his words back....thank you for your words at emily's today...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...