Friday, February 11, 2011

Nesting

As you may have gathered from comments I’ve dropped here and there, I do not have my own home. Now, don’t get me wrong, I have a home, but the city I live in is very expensive and some years ago, well, financially I was going under. In that moment God’s rescue came, as it often seems to, in the last boat I wanted to climb into: moving home with mom and dad. I planned on being here months at the most, but it has been years: good years, frustrating years, lo-o-ong years but vital years. I have found healing here, in a number of areas, including my finances.

But you see I like my own space. Prior to coming home, I lived alone (except for Stinkerbell) and loved it. I want my own little nest. Now in the real (at least 3d) world I think this is coming, but I don’t know when. Then the other day I was experimenting with my test blog-trying on different blog backgrounds, building stand-alone pages (to be revealed at a later date), playing with the order of my sidebar to see what makes the most sense and is the easiest for my readers-when it struck my that I have a nest. I have built my own on the internet. A Songbird in His Court is my cute virtual home and when I “redecorate” I am thinking “how can I rearrange the furniture so that guests will always feel welcome?” Isn’t that cool? I have a cottage here, and you, my lovely readers, are my houseguests.

Welcome.

Seaside Cottage  exterior

Come on in, put your feet up and sit a spell.


You never know where the conversation will go.

Skona hem  dining room

It may trill along with outlandish frivolity, it may become keenly focused on what I made or found that was pretty,

Living Room eclectic living room

 what I whipped up that was tasty

Coastal Living Kitchen  kitchen

or it may suddenly dive, plumbing the depths of my heart to find God’s fingerprints and sometimes it may seem to go nowhere at all. I have to tell you, this is an apt description of any conversation you may happen to have with me in my 3d living room.

via

At least you now know what you are likely to get. Isn't God sweet to meet my need in such an unexpected fashion?

So again I say, welcome to my nest!

Blog Med Sig 4






Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
Psalm 84:3


*all pictures courtesy of Cote de Texas and Houzz.com

7 comments:

mountain mama said...

why...what a lovely little cottage you have...i do believe i'll visit for tea :)

Melissa@one thing said...

Thanks for the welcome...I am SO happy to be here. I LOVE what you've done with the place and look forward to coming back again soon!

David N. said...

I like it, but I'm not sure I'm in for the curtains, or those flower designs on the walls by them. So I'm guessing in the 3D world you like bright, airy spaces?

Brian Miller said...

nice. i dig the decor of your place...funny i am trying to get rid of a house...not that i dont want my own space, i just feel stuck in it...

Farmgirl Paints said...

I love that view point. Your blog is your home! I feel the same way. Your home is beautiful by the way:)

We lived with my mom and dad for 2 years after we got married. We were really young and it just worked out. They have a big old farmhouse and for most of the time I didn't mind. But more than anything I wanted to play house. I wanted to decorate and be the wife. It's our womanly nature I think to want to nest. So I completely get you.

LauraX said...

I feel much the same way about blogging, that it is a room in my house/heart...it is part of my home.

imoomie said...

Why, thanks so very much for the lovely invitation to your home!

God does meet our deep down dreams, doesn't He...just not always the way we would expect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...