Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Joanne and ...

perhaps someone else you know whose name begins with a “J.”



Who is Joanne you may ask? She is a wife, a mother, a writer and a Follower who suffered a massive stroke two months ago. Read about this ordinary blogger facing an extraordinary challenge here and at her blog, The Simple Wife. Joanne has a charm bracelet that she loves so much it is the header on her blog. As usual with charm bracelets each charm has a special story or meaning. I’m not a charm bracelet gal, but like Joanne I’m sentimental. Trinkets can be imbued with emotion when they represent people I love or memories that are dear. In her honor I am going to share with you three of my favorite charms. (Disclaimer: Please excuse the freckled, pasty white skin. I am a Western European mutt living in Southern California. Freckles happen.)




I’ve had this Tink charm since my college days when I worked at Disneyland in the Entertainment Department. I love Tinkerbell. I’ve always related to her feistiness and her determination as well as her stature, body type and insecurities. But more on my love for Tink another day.








This Aquamarine heart charm was a thank you gift from a friend for helping to throw her daughter’s birthday party. It’s my birthstone and I absolutely love it.










Finally my black pearl was inherited from another friend. I was given some of her jewelry at the same time as I was given her precious pooch.






It’s amazing how valuable the simplest object can become when it reminds me of my own history and the friends who have scrawled across the pages of my life. I can only imagine that Joanne may feel something similar when she looks at her bracelet. Please drop by The Simple Wife to wish Joanne a Happy Birthday and PRAY, please, please pray today for her complete healing.

With much love,
Blog Med Sig 4

11 comments:

Jodi said...

I have a love for acorns. Symbolic, something between me and the Lord. And have been blessed by friends who noticed my affinity. I have a sterling silver acorn on a chain and a most prized, antique acorn locket that was sent to me by someone I hadn't seen in a very long time. I'll always treasure it. I keep a picture of it on my blog.

Rasquachi said...

Happy birthday, Joy!

I remember that Tink necklace!!

happygirl said...

I'm praying for Joanne. Thanks for sharing this.

Ostriches Look Funny said...

those charms are delightful. I'm not sentimental at all, but I think that charms are a lovely way of remembering things.

Cathy said...

Charming. Especially the angel.

Brian Miller said...

nice...i agree...on the things that remind us of our own history its important to rememebr as it is woven into who we are...

elizabeth said...

Praying....
thank you kind friend for your sweet encouragement at my place.

Old Ollie said...

Beautiful pieces. You really get Bruce Fish. Thanks JB.

Sandra Heska King said...

I've followed Joanne's blog for a long time, and I've been praying.

Your necklaces are lovely.

patty said...

happy birthday! and thank you for your sweet comments at my blog today!! you made my week! :)

Linda said...

I see that it is your birthday. Wishing you a blessed and happy day!
I've been following Joanne's story too and praying for a complete recovery for her.
Your charms are lovely. It is so true. There are some things that hold such special memories for us. I have several of those too.
Thank you so much for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...