Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Glimmer

Finished reading this week’s Imperfect Prose offerings today, kind of late, but like I said yesterday, I’ve been busy. There was a definite theme to all that I read today; a sacred echo in each post. I listened, I noted and I want to share it with you. I have some big dreams but there are humongous mocking giants I cannot slay. Not alone. And I’ve had some dreams that I thought were from God, but now I’m not sure as they seem to be dead ends. That hurts. No answers there. But I read this post by Flower Patch Farmgirl and it just brought all that’s been brewing today together. So I wanna share part of my comment with you. (Is that weird? Oh, well)
“...my heart has been whispering that God is "God of the Wild-Goose-Chase" and not God of "This Will Rock Your Socks Off." I think tonight I want to lean into that and ask God to prove my heart wrong or change it. Not for me exactly, but because I want to worship and follow and do believe in the God Who Rocks My Socks Off and fulfills dreams that will make my toes curl. What I've been hearing all afternoon is to let my not enough bring me deeper into His abundance.” 
That ladies and gentlemen is what I want tonight, my not enough enfolded into His abundance. And truly not (just) for me, but because I can’t do and be what He wants without it, without Him. I think finally I might be getting a glimmer of understanding into Philippians 4: 11-13. A slight glimmer.

 

Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4: 11-13 NLT
Off to bed

acting early in the morning

love ya more than my supercute luggage (which has a sweet story I just might tell you one of these days,)
Blog Med Sig 4

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

this is a beautiful reflection...smiles. i like the wild goose chase reference...have you read that book by batterson?

Judy said...

I connected with your words and loved your approach to questioning one's faith. Thanks for the bright spot in my day.

Happy Nother's Day!

Janis@Open My Ears Lord said...

It's a special moment when we hear God's whispering to our hearts--a leading, a word of wisdom. There's hope because He will show you the way and the plan He has for you.

May you find Him as you continue to seek Him~and you will. He promises it.

Blessings,
Janis

mountain mama said...

oh, i can't wait to see what He has in store for you!!! :D

nic said...

i think i'm getting a glimmer too, and oh how it makes me hungry for more.

ps can't wait to hear the luggage story. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...