Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Seven Days of...

Is it just me or has it gotten really heavy around here.  Sigh.  See, right there, that sigh.  There has been way too much sighing around here.  It's just not balanced.  Now I realize that this is just where I've been lately. 2011 has not been what I expected so far and I'm not gonna lie; there has been a whole lotta hard.  And I tend to be introspective when I write.  Scribbling brings out the deep thinker/layered observer in me.  But I need some sort of break here.  So I have been pondering how to let a little more light in and I've discovered an ancient remedy, a magic spell of sorts that just might do the trick.  All together now...
you put your right foot in
you put your right foot out
you put your right foot in and shake it all about
you do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around
that's what it's all about!

Yes, I feel a little better already.  How about you?  Did shaking it all about free you up a little?  I think I need a bit more of this. 




Smilin' yet?  I still think I need more, June gloom can be thick (especially when it begins early.)  This nest requires more levity and light.  But how to be consistent when I'm running a little glum, hmmmmm.  I know a series.  I like series and I tend to follow through when I m accountable to you.  So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is my sheer delight to present to you...



TA DA!!!!
Blog Med Sig 4

Legal Disclaimer: Seven Days of Silly do not mean seven consecutive days of silly or even seven consecutive silly posts as the blogger has already written her very first please come visit and comment guest post and it is Word Women Wednesdays not Seven Days of Silly although the alliteration may lead to confusion blogger is not responsible for said alliteration confusion. Blogger makes no guarantee of actual silliness or laughter resulting from said Seven Days of Silly Series as she is posting what tickles her fancy and she is an acknowledged odd duck. By reading this series reader agrees to indemnify blogger from any injuries due to unexpected spasms of laughter, shortness of breath resulting from giggles or guffaws and embarrassment arising from snorting in public.  Read at your own risk.

13 comments:

Shari said...

Sign me up! Your blog is beautifully candid and refreshing. Glad I found you (after you found me)! Thank you for your nice comment, and nice to meet you!

Ramblings by Carol Nuckols said...

I remember a Ziggy cartoon in which Ziggy climbs the mountain to ask a question of the great guru. The guru's answer: "The Hokey Pokey --- That's what it's all about!"
I think that qualifies as silly.

marlece said...

I do agree, sometimes this blogging world can get sooooo serious and deep, I like a little silly....I love a little silly....sometimes, it feels good to look at the 'light' side of things. I'm with ya!

happygirl said...

I'm smiling already and looking forward to the silly. Ya know, there are a lot of gloom and doom bloggers out there and they really do bring you down. I'm glad you're my blog friend. :)

"Ima" said...

I am looking forward to your series. Laughing is always good, especially in the midst of hard times. Glad you are doing this-this post alone already made me laugh. :)

Bristol said...

yaay! Looking forward to it :)

TK said...

oh this is so what I needed today!!! Thankyou Joybird TK xx

Mama Zen said...

I could use some silliness!

Squiggly Rainbow said...

Love it! We should all have a game of 'duck, duck, goose' - who's in? xoxo Rach

Jennifer said...

What a great idea! I know I've needed a little silliness myself; I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and I'll heed your warning and read at my own risk. :)

Tiffini said...

I have gone through similar feelings about my blog. I'm always heavy because like you...a whole lotta hard.
So I try to add " normal " things:) not easy though because this is just my life right now..but I LOVE your series...laughing is such good medicine isn't it?
can't wait for tomorrow..talk soon
xo

Mrs.B said...

Needed it!!!! LOVE the hokey pokey! :)

Leslie said...

love the disclaimer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...