Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Word Women Wednesday: Three Pesky Little Words

*Today I'm guest posting (for the first time...yikes!) at Word Women Wednesdays with the oh so kind Tiffini at the House of Belonging.  (Isn't that a scrumptious blog name?) Please join me.

The holy LORD God of Israel has told all of you,
"I will keep you safe if you turn back to me and calm down.
I will make you strong if you quietly trust me."
Then you stubbornly 
Isaiah 30:15 CEV

I’m memorizing scripture with the Beth Moore’s Siestaville this year. This is the first time I’ve systematically committed the bible to heart since I was a little VBS’er. Interesting experience. I’ve never found scripture to be so vital or challenging. In a year when my feelings and interpretation of events say some pretty harsh things about God these verses have been freedom filled correction: guardrails in this steeply winding portion of my journey.

Isaiah 30:15 drew me because of the words safety, strength and comfort. I was attracted to the translations that talked about resting and quietness, those are messages I often like. But there was something about the straightforward directions in the Contemporary English Version that captured my attention: turn back, calm down, quietly trust. When I was searching for this last verse I felt as if my whole life was being shaken and possibly turned upside down. This was not a moment for gentle as much as it was for clear and direct.

But then there was that weird half sentence at the end... To learn more about my deep-seated issue with unfinished sentences please pop over to Tiffini's House of Belonging, read and leave some love behind.  While your at it, feel free to explore Tiffini's gracious home.  It's a sweet  spot.
Blog Med Sig 4



holding friends' hands and diving in deep

11 comments:

sonyamacdesigns said...

reflecting on the clear & direct with Thanksgiving for you and this net.

happygirl said...

This was a wonderful post. I'm so glad you wrote. You always remind me of God's love for me. I seem to forget this.

Farmgirl Paints said...

loved it girl! great post.

Cindy said...

I absolutely love the idea of God's stubbornness! And how His list overcomes and overpowers ours when we recognize it...This post I would love to use with clients as it is full of hope and beauty in the midst of our personal stubborn ways...thank you so much for sharing again the beauty of His Holiness being worked out in you!

Rambling Heather said...

Such a reflective post. Your words always leave me encouraged as if charging me to press on. Thank you for this!

Anna said...

Beautiful post, Joybird! Your "stubborn list" of God's love reminds me of a song from long ago, called "Stubborn Love"-- the lyrics I remember are only this "it's your stubborn love, that never lets go of me..." I can't remember now who sang it!

"Ima" said...

Just finished reading this and now have much to ponder. What is on my stubborn list? And how much I can rejoice, because of God's stubborn love. Thank you for writing this.

HopeUnbroken said...

really beautiful post. thank God for His stubbornness. and thank God he changes our names from those of death to life. so lovely! thanks for sharing.

Tiffini said...

thank you SO much for sharing a piece of your heart with us...I truly am looking forward to getting to know you more...praying a bright sunshiney day for you friend:)
xo

Abby said...

Hope you got the comment love I put over at Tiffini's... you are something very special, you know:-)

Rachel said...

OMG, I needed this today, sometimes these are the things we know but we need each other to be reminded. Thank you for reminding me of Gods goodness and love, Grace and peace to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...