Sunday, June 12, 2011

Road Trip

How those words make my heart sing.  (We took many road trips when I was young, including four cross country treks.  How big is Texas? Seriously?  The Bull Gator and my mom know how to lead a interesting, stop filled, fun road trip.)  After a fabulously full weekend with out-of-town family (someday I'll have to tell you just how large my extended family is.  I believe I can safely vouchsafe over 100 cousins.)  I'm going up the coast again. 


Yay! 


There's something about a good road trip that makes me all nesty and organized, turning my (newly washed) car into a little home. 

the role of my suitcases is being played by my sweet cousin Destiny

My sweet birthday Gift is traveling to the Monterey Peninsula and I'm going to join her.  June is very different than September on the California coast so it will seem entirely different than my Big Fat Big Sur Road Trip.  I think we can expect more fog and scenes of mystery.  Actually, I'm just hoping the coastal highway opens again by Monday.  This is what winter can do to that road.

photo by CHP Officer Ben Grasmuck
photo by CalTrans

Hopefully the trip will also be just what is needed to chase away any remaining writer's blahs.  I plan on having fun and reconnecting with one very dear to my heart.  I may even blog while I'm there or I may just disappear for the week.  Who knows? I will bring you back hundreds some pictures and miss you all.
Blog Med Sig 4





PS. As soon as I published this post I stopped avoiding Him and a few other things as well. It really helps me to get going when I tattle on myself to all of you.  How I love your comments!  You have brought a wholly unexpected source of  joy to blogging.

9 comments:

Bristol said...

Ooo happy travels! I'm driving DOWN the coast this week for a camping trip (not as far as Big Sur though), so I'll imagine that we're driving a little bit closer towards each other. I hope you find rest for your soul and adventures to write about!

happygirl said...

Lucky you. I lived in Monterey from 1988-1989. I LOVED it. I never wanted to leave. You aren't taking Hwy 1 all the way? Are you? Gorgeous, but it's such a commitment. I'm living for the pics. You can post 100 if you like. I know I'd like. :)

mountain mama said...

yay, have fun!!!!!

Anna said...

Those pics look amazing (except for the one with the road partially gone--scary!). Have fun on your trip, sounds gorgeous, dreamy!

journeytoepiphany said...

I love roadtrips. They are so much better than flying. I love to see the terrain change as the miles go by. Thanks for sharing your trip with me, as I will not be able to trip for a while...:(

Craig said...

happy road trip! I heart the coast of California. Your traveling home looks spotless. And you – YOU – are one of the unexpected joys of blogging for me as well. God bless and keep you – I'll be back for the pictures :-)

Tiffini said...

praying for the adventure of a lifetime! Full of His beauty everywhere you look. praying you have peace and rest and renewing...and return ready to write a book;)
xo

Bev said...

i LOVE a road trip, always gives me new perspective and brings me back to center. the photos are beautiful, and i pray you come back refreshed...
xo

Write My Essay said...

Have a lovely trip! I enjoyed this post; the sweet memories and pictures are wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...