Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shifting

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes. Does anyone know that song? I think I have it on a random soundtrack somewhere but I’m pretty sure it’s from before my time. Anyways...I sense some shifting in my life and it feels a little chaotic. Not quite like the recent earth shaking, more hopeful but unsettling nonetheless. This year I’ve faced some (seemingly) dead ends and laid dreams down on His altar…all of them. I sat down with the One who births all good dreams and handed each of mine back over which left me wide open and bare. Several have been handed back but they feel different. One feels like a tiny treasure, a seed pearl to store away in my heart until it is time to bloom.


The other feels like work. Finally, some tasks to sink my hands and time into. But oh, it will involve battling fear, too. This dream comes with many boisterous, loud fears. And they must be challenged. I sat down this morning and gave a few of them voice in my journal. Then I asked Him to please give me truth, to please breathe courage in my heart to confront each lie. And He did.


All of this has blossomed in the last month or so. My fabulous trip and time with my Gift played a part in that. I feel that after years of waiting I have a step, a first step forward. But as soon as I got home I was buried in obligations and schedules and the need to work and commitments to serve and frankly I’m feeling a bit dizzy. I think some reshuffling of priorities and commitments may be ahead. Or maybe that’s just the reaction to coming back from vacation. But somehow I think that I won’t be able to invest in or pursue this dream without letting go or even leaving behind some very good and right things. I have no idea what this will look like. But if this week is any gage I will need to purposely carve out time.


Speaking of time I’m slowly Picniking my way through the hundreds of Big Sur Remix pictures. Hopefully those posts will be ready more quickly than the Big Fat Big Sur Road Trip posts. In the meantime I’m sharing a few of the beauties that surround me. (And yes Waiting4Daybreak, your kids rock! How I love them, and they make excellent subjects.)
Blog Med Sig 4

8 comments:

Rasquachi said...

David Bowie. Genius. And yes, slightly before your time.

happygirl said...

Yes, challenge those fears, Joybird. You CAN do it. Unfortunately, Bowie is not before my time. Thus, we now know I am older than you. :)

mountain mama said...

wow, is that a flower??

so, anyway, i may be in your neck of the woods next month...email me and let me know where 'bouts you are! :)

Tiffini said...

the very best and safest place to be is at the altar. Laying it down and then taking what He gives you back..I love that!
Praying He helps you discern and sort through...and that your vacation was restful. Sometimes for me, taking a break and then coming back can make you have a little different perspective:)
xo

"Ima" said...

Changes-they can hard and exciting at the same time. So glad you are facing and challenging your fears though. Thankful that He gave you what you needed to face the lies. If you so choose to blog about this next journey, looking forward to reading about it. Praying for you either way :)

TK said...

It sure is Mr Bowie and very much my time....hmmmm....does that make me old?
Ads for your path Joybird, I know that He will give your the grace and fortitude that you will require to do what is the calling, what is right, TK xx

Bristol said...

Hope you're hanging on through all the chaos, Joybird! I'm looking forward to stories/photos from your adventures. The blog world is glad to have you back :)

april said...

been wondering where and how you are...i, too, know the laying down of dreams...and getting some back, although redressed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...