Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7DS: Trademark Infringement


Yes, you read correctly, I am blogging about trademark infringement. On Day 3 of the Seven Days of Silly I thought I’d give this subject the respect it deserves, at least as far (and only as far) as the note I just found at the end of a UPS notification email.


Sadly, it would seem that displaying the color brown is now the exclusive right of UPS drivers and their trucks. I’m actually surprised that dirt didn’t file an objection to UPS’s trademark application. Maybe it had other things to do, like grow stuff and stain clothes. And I’m shocked at the number of scofflaws running around out there.

via

Don't they know the consequences of violating U.S. trademark law.  Have they received their cease and desist letters yet?  Even on my recent trip up the coast I saw flagrant violations.


For shame Mrs. Heifer, what kind of example are you setting for the calves?


These sequoias have an entire forest of colors to choose from, but they just have to pick the one color that is now off limits.


This little guy is such an unrepentant trademark violator that he is actually sticking his tongue out at me. Have you ever? Such cheekiness.


And this coral bush (is that right Gift?) is so brazen that it has stripped off its outer bark and hiked its foliage way up high so it can flaunt its crime for the whole world to see.

I am so sorry UPS. I have read your warning and done my very best to spread the word. Now please deliver all of my packages extra early from here on out.

a dutiful customer,
Blog Med Sig 4

12 comments:

David Nilsen said...

That's amazing. Wow.

happygirl said...

Whose going to tell Brown University? Maybe they can be Taupe University now. :)

Jodi said...

I'm feeling the urge to bake some brownies.

Ruthiey said...

This is hilarious. And I love your comment, Jodi!!!

"Ima" said...

This is too funny! I'm looking all around at the things I have that I'm committing trademark infrigement with. I guess I need to get rid of all my wood floors-they are brown.

mountain mama said...

hee hee...maybe we should all wear brown one day and see how they like that! :)

april said...

hilarious!!!!

nic said...

you are so very awesome. off to buy colored contacts...

emily wierenga said...

i echo nic. you are definitely awesome. :)

Tiffini said...

You are amazing! how in the world that you would even think of this! Happy Sunday:)
xo

Craig said...

all those offenders! Somebody should round them up, force confessions out of them – although it really wouldn't be necessary considering their color – and bring them to justice - but I bet the coral won't talk anyway! It was funny before the pictures – it was hilarious after. I had a no good, very bad, terrible, horrible, day – and this made me smile. Thank you. God bless.

Anna said...

Oh, this is funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...