Friday, July 22, 2011

Fully

Leisurely I sit, meandering through the books and websites I use to focus me on Him, the One who gets me through my day, Jesus. And I read one of my favorite writers and discover this quote, so meant for me.
Henri Nouwen suggests that “[t]he word patience means willingness to stay where we are and live out the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us.”
And the kaleidoscope turns, revealing a new facet of beauty as I turn to the light of my past. I thought this long journey, these last twelve years were just about grueling character building, the exhilarating yet sometimes agonizing process of healing and layers being added to the love story that is He and I, but now I see that while I recognized that I was learning to release my plan I didn’t see that I was also learning to stay in the here, the now, no matter how it feels, and open myself up to Him and sweet treasures masterfully hidden.

Blog Med Sig 4

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

me too...joybird...me too.
xo

happygirl said...

I just want to say, "I miss you."

mountain mama said...

sorry i missed you in CA...it was a whirlwind trip! hopefully next time. that is one unique place you live in for sure! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...